Athena Christian Church contains people from many church backgrounds who have chosen to work together as a team – a family. We are more interested in glorifying Christ than in arguing over non-salvation (“minor”) issues. Finding ways to agree, rather than holding up the points on which we disagree, is of great importance to us.
Christ desires that His people be one in purpose and love. To honor and obey Him, we seek to be unified in the “major” teachings of the faith, while allowing for differing opinions in the “minor” issues. Jesus said that the world would know that we are His disciples because of our love for one another (John 13:35). Because of this, we seek to apply the truth of Scripture in ways that show love for our Father and for one another so Jesus Christ may be glorified in all we do.
Therefore, in love, we hold certain Scriptural teachings to be foundational to the Christian life and the proper functioning of Christ’s Church.
- The Bible: is totally true and is the final and only written authority for Christian faith and living.
- Christ-Centered Living
- Dependency on God for every area of our lives
- Prayer: individual and intercessory prayer is crucial in doing God's work
- Equipping Believers for a gift-based ministry
- Missions: Taking Christ to the nations by giving, praying, and going